Thursday, April 13, 2006

Moving to stage 2

Well things are progressing somewhat, the toilet, shed, and other building supplies have been delivered to the building site, so now we just await the arrival of the bricks.

We also received the request for the first progress payment earlier this week, and I am just waiting on the few things from the first inspection report to be fixed before I pay it (and I have informed Ventura that this is the case). The things to fix at this point are fairly minor (the bathroom setdown needs to be increased, the ensuite bath grave needs to be dug out, and the concrete slab in the bed 1 area needs to be smoothed down), but I feel that until they are complete then stage 1 isn't complete, and if stage 1 isn't complete then I shouldn't have to pay for that stage.

I'm holding out a vague small hope that the bricks will be delivered today, given previous experience everything on this project seems to be down just before the weekend, and with tomorrow being the first day of the Easter long weekend the odds are good.

Fingers crossed.

Technorati controls below. Good for searching my blog I guess.

Click the orange square thingy below to subscribe to this blog via FeedBurner.