Monday, November 06, 2006

The road goes ever on and on......

Well, the PCI has been and gone, the 10 day deadline has been and gone and we are still waiting for things to start (let along finish!). On the Saturday after our PCI meeting (which was on the Friday) I spent some time at the house and I noticed a few things that I (and my building inspector) missed, 4 things in total:

1) The brick paving to the driveway was poorly laid, no sand between the pavers, minimal use of cement edging.
2) The Laundry courtyard (which wasn't complete at the PCI) has no cement edging.
3) The stormwater drain which runs along the front of the garage to stop water flowing into the garage is installed... but has not been connected up to the stormwater system, there is no where for hte water to go.
4) One of the window locks has been nearly ripped off from someone trying to close it while it was locked open.

Fairly large things, and things that are fairly obviously the builders fault, its not like they can claim it was done after we took possession of the house.

As it stands now I have had 10 external window shutters installed, half the house painted and all of my network and TV cabling finished throughout the entire house in the same time it has taken Ventura to do, well, NOTHING.

Seriously, I work 40-50 hours a week at a job and my wife works the same and we can still organise several different trades to do their jobs in the small space of 10 days, our builder (who does this for a living) cannot even organise 1 guy to fix some basic things. I know we are not there only client, and they have dozens (if not hundreds) of other clients to look after, but really 10 days and not one person to fix any of the problems they have left behind? Its really quite pathetic, I would be embaressed if I worked at Ventura.

Its kind of depressing, but on the plus side the longer this debacle goes on for the more I am going to enjoy our housewarming party. And this is one party I do not need to drive too :-)

Technorati controls below. Good for searching my blog I guess.

Click the orange square thingy below to subscribe to this blog via FeedBurner.