Thursday, May 25, 2006

Blowin in the Wind

Well the 19th of May has been and gone and, you guessed it, the brick work has not been completed.

Its now coming up to the 26th of May and in my completely unprofressional opinion it is not going to be finished this week, not unless they employ 4 or 6 builders for the next 2 days.

Still to do before brick work is complete:

  1. The top two thirds of the interior wall of bed2 (they have done the wallto about 1 metre high), this is about 9 metres of wall (goes around a corner).
  2. 4 metres of the wall that separates the main bedroom from the hall, not started yet.
  3. The entire lock up garage.
  4. The entire double brick wall tthat is the front of my house (10 metres, plus porch columns).
  5. The entire top 2 courses of all the brickwork done so far (it hasnt been completed to plate height yet).

I told my Client Liasion Officer on Tuesday that the date given to me (last Friday - the 19th) was laughable and could almost be considered as bare face lying to a customer and I was not impressed.

Please understand that I am not annoyed about the length of time it is taking to build (well, ok I am a little, but only a little, I know the building market is busy, lack of brickies etc..), I am annoyed and amazed that the builders seem to have no schedule or plan and that they make no attempt to be honest with me. If it is going to take 3 week to finish that is fine, JUST TELL ME THAT HONESTLY! When I asked them for a end date to the brickwork, it wasn't becuae I wanted them to hurry but as I explained to them it was because I have to arrange for my data cabling guy to arrive on site after the brick work is finished and before the roofing guys appear, and he needs advance notice, THAT is why I need a realistic end date.

Perhaps I am asking too much...

Technorati controls below. Good for searching my blog I guess.

Click the orange square thingy below to subscribe to this blog via FeedBurner.