Friday, February 03, 2006

The Armoured Plated Teeth of DOOM (and our house building starts!)

Well, its Friday morning, I'm at work and I need another coffee before the cotton wool that is my brain morphs into something that medical science generally recognises as a functioning human brain (key word there: functioning).
But more importantly its Friday morning and today our house starts being built !!

Now a different note, thanks to an Israeli company (in presumably, Israel) has developed a method for basically armour plating your teeth. Now THIS is what I call science! "The Israeli Company Fluorinex Active has developed a new technology that can protect the tooth from cavities for 5 years with one simple electrical treatment. The company is currently working on a small device which, together with a gel, will impose an efficient ion exchange process through an Electro-chemical reaction in which fluor ions displace the Hydroxide ions at the outer layer of the tooth. This is intended to produce a new mineral layer with significantly improved chemical and physical resistance to the aggressive bacteria and the resulting acidic environment in the mouth."
So in short they chemically alter the composition of your teeth into something that bacteria doesn't like, "but is probably quite incapable of drinking the coffee" (unavoidable and obscure Douglas Adams reference)

The mega teeth morphing company can be found here.

http://www.isracast.com/tech_news/tech_updates/010206tech.aspx

And since I'm in a link listing mood here is another one that may be of interest (not teeth related).

www.spurl.net

Due to different environments at work and home I daily use the Opera (my favourite), IE and Firefox browsers and keeping all of my bookmarks in sync between them was a nightmare I rapidly tired of, so now I use the Spurl web service and I havent used the bookmarking features of any of the broswers for months now as all my bookmarks are stored online and accessable thru a side bar like IE's history bar, Just awesome. I bookmark a page at work, go home and the bookmark is available :-)

Technorati controls below. Good for searching my blog I guess.

Click the orange square thingy below to subscribe to this blog via FeedBurner.